The Public Record's entire readership is made up of Coachella Valley business, professional, and governmental leaders. These readers expect and deserve a publication whose editorial is objective, credible, and understands the connection between the private and public sectors in Coachella Valley society. Therefore, the following editorial policy changes are being put into effect:
- The Public Record will carry a mix of governmental and public policy news and business news.
- The Public Record welcomes informed guest commentary on any issue of significance to the Coachella Valley general public or its business community, whether by an elected official, business leader, or recognized advocacy group.
- The Public Record will continue to utilize news and press releases. We encourage both businesses and governmental entities to put us on their news distribution list. Please send these electronically to Ken Alan.
- All releases, news items, and commentary are subject to acceptance and editing based on space availability.
- All releases, news items, and commentary are edited in accordance with journalistic standards.
- Businesses seeking individual promotion in the pages of The Public Record are encouraged to advertise. At the same time, business leaders are encouraged to make themselves available as sources on business stories or to author a business feature (see below).
- The Public Record is published weekly on Tuesdays. Deadline for editorial material is 12:00 noon of the prior Wednesday. Earlier submission is appreciated.
Feature Cover Articles
Content typically addresses news events and public issues pertaining to the Coachella Valley, with particular emphasis on news and issues that have an impact on the business community. The weekly cover articles are generated internally by the newspaper's staff; however ideas and suggestions for subjects are welcomed. Email to Ken Alan.
Growth & Development
Content includes short news items related to the growth of the Coachella Valley with an emphasis on new residential and commercial development. Items may include submittals, entitlements, and openings. No photos.
Business-related news items and photos. Photos considered.
A chronological list of upcoming meetings and events by chambers of commerce, business networking groups, and associations.
Public Sector News
News items and photos related to government and public policy. Photos considered.
News items of hirings, promotions, awards, and other employee or individual-related matters. Photos considered.
Bylined guest commentary of a maximum of 750 words on any issue of significance to the Coachella Valley general public or its business community, whether by an elected official, business leader, or recognized advocacy group. All bylined submissions should be accompanied by an author's biography of no more than 50 words. No photo.
Bylined guest feature of a maximum of 750 words on a subject of general business interest. All bylined submissions should be accompanied by an author's biography of no more than 50 words. No photo.